Sunday, April 6, 2014

Herbal Honey Elixir


As much as I hate to admit, I've been eating rather unhealthy lately. I'm far too busy with work and school to pay attention to what I've been putting into my body, so long as it's quick and filling. Well, as you can imagine, my body has had enough.

Not only have I had to force myself a change in diet, but I've also created some vital recipe's which can be easily adopted into my busy lifestyle. In order to get myself to take necessary herbs, I need to do so in one sitting. Enter the honey elixir!

Herbal honey elixir is exactly what it sounds to be. Herbs mixed with honey. You can add any kind of herb, really. I've chosen a few which are mostly beneficial for women, but can be used by both men and women. Don't worry gentlemen, you wont grow any womanly parts. So, I'll quit babbling now and give you the recipe.



Herbal Honey Elixir:
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp mugwort
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp marshmallow root
- 1/2 tsp Irish moss
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of honey

Mix and grind herbs down to a fine dust. (The mugwort may be harder to grind. If so, don't worry too much about it. It's all going to the same place, dearies--your tummy!) Combine with honey. Take as often as you see fit.

5 comments:

  1. That looks lovely! How much should be taken with each dose? Also, what properties do each of those herbs/spices have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, since it's all natural, you can take as much as you please! I usually take a teaspoon in the morning to get my bones warmed up. Beware, its got a spicy kick to it!
      As for herbal properties, the cayenne, cinnamon, ginger, lemon, and honey are all antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti inflammatory. The mugwort, marshmallow, and irish moss are healing and soothing to your mucous membranes.

      Dearly, Rori

      Delete
  2. Hello Dear,

    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find Raw Irish Sea moss Alkaline Body Food is one of the best place where you can buy 100% natural, raw wildcrafted and whole leaf Irish sea moss with lot of healthy benefits.


    Please Visit at: https://www.alkalinebodyfood.com/



    ReplyDelete

Comments or questions are always welcome! May your crafting be magickal. -Rori & Indigo

All photography copyrighted to Rori Healy & Indigo Peters, unless otherwise stated.

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)