Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lemonade Elixir


Growing your own herbs is probably one of the most satisfying feelings in the world. My herbs are my children of the garden. They are the magick which brings life to my home. I tend to them as they tend to me.

Before using herbs for cooking, rituals, or what have you, I always mind the proper plant etiquette--and by this I mean I always thank the plant and the mother for the gifts I am about to take. Giving thanks doesn't take more than a second and is well worth your time. Some people leave corn meal near the plant, whisper words of praise, give breath to the bushel, or even sing a song. Then, gently cut the stalk and carry on with your purpose.

By giving gratitude to the plant it grants you its magickal qualities of healing, protection, and nourishment. After all, the plants are giving up their leaves, petals, and sprigs just for you. Its one more way to get closer with your natural world.

Although the sun graced us with her warmth today, I was feeling a bit drained for no apparent reason.  So, I made a cool and energizing Lemonade Elixir. I'll leave the recipe below so that perhaps you can enjoy a bit of sweetness in your life as well:

1 cup of lemon juice
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
A drizzle of simple blackberry syrup (or jam if you'd like)
1 sprig of rosemary
1 sprig of lavendar
And as many ice cubes as you desire

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments or questions are always welcome! May your crafting be magickal. -Rori & Indigo

All photography copyrighted to Rori Healy & Indigo Peters, unless otherwise stated.

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)